Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day 4 of the 2 Red Bananas Sneak Peeks!

Today we are featuring the new and exclusive set called A Spring Thing. This set includes several Spring related images. For my card, I used the umbrella, rainbow and Spring word. The umbrella has raindrops with it but I saw this idea of poking holes and adding dewdrops in my latest issue of Scrapbooks, Etc. and thought it looked really cool. For the images, I used Tsukineko graphite black ink and colored them with watercolor pencils and mineral spirits. Once that was dry, I went over it with a Sakura clear stardust pen for some shimmer. After adhering all the pieces, I topped it off with some May Arts sheer dots ribbon.

Paper(s): Bazzill cardstocks
Stamp(s): 2 Red Bananas A Spring Thing
Ink(s): Tsukineko graphite black
Other: May Arts Ribbon and dew drops

Be sure to check out the other design team members' sites to see what they've been creating this week. All new stamp sets will be available online Monday, April 13th.

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! I love what you did with this set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is the cutest card. I love the rain drops and the black looks great with all those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maraya, this is the cutest thing! I love the way you did the raindrops! What a great layout to use multiple images...they're so cute, this way you don't have to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job, Maraya! I love that you used most of this set on one card. The dewdrop raindrops are awesome.

    ReplyDelete