Sunday, April 5, 2009

Banana Split Sunday Challenge for the Week

Today starts a brand new Banana Split Sunday challenge!

This week's challenge is to make something except a card. It's that simple! So get your project(s) made and upload them to Mr. Linky on the 2 Red Bananas Blog. For the challenge, I altered a Prima flower can into an Easter candy dish. I used the Easter Surprise House Mouse image and colored it with watercolor pencils and mineral spirits. I curled the paper so I didn't have to use any adhesives inside the can. In order to see some of the candy in the bottom of the can and not have my paper slide all the way down, I attached the patterened papers to a piece of acetate. So the clear acetate allows the candy to show through the bottom.

Paper(s): Bo-Bunny Organic Snow Drop, Basic Grey Strawberry Smoothie, The Paper Company clear acetate
Stamp(s): House Mouse Easter Surprise
Other: Prima flower can, flowers, brads

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute Maraya!! I love how you used the acetate with it too - great project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your can is adorable. Very cute with the candy in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is precious! You are so smart to use the acetate inside to keep things from sliding around...that is an idea to CASE! Just as cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete