Tuesday, April 21, 2009

BasicGrey Challenge 31 with Sgt. Chicken



This card was made using the 2 Red Bananas new Sgt. Chicken stamp set for the BasicGrey Challenge 31- Paper Piecing. The image and sentiment were both heat embossed with black. I heat embossed the image onto BasicGrey Delicious for the chicken, BasicGrey Smoke for the beret and dogtag and BasicGrey Citrus for the nose and feet. Then I cut out the gray and orange parts and glued them onto the embossed image on main chicken. I used the Quickie Glue pen to attach the pieces and it worked GREAT! I used Tsukineko graphite black around the edges of the paper and some Chatterbox snaps on the edge of the gray.
Paper(s): BasicGrey Smoke, Citrus and Delicious
Stamp(s): 2 Red Bananas Sgt. Chicken
Ink(s): VersaMark with black embossing powder, Tsukineko graphite black
Other: Chatterbox snaps

3 comments:

  1. I love your basic grey challenge cards. I need to visit that site. very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card - it really brought a smile to my face. I must say I adore Sgt. Chicken he's so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at BG.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you still going to do the Basic Grey Challenges when you go back to work? Does it have to be cards, or can it be layouts? I've decided to use sketch challenges when I need to get layouts done, and I'm feeling blocked or pressed for time (like the albums I need to finish for Mother's Day...). By the way, this is a great card. Your cutting is so good. I didn't realize it was paper pieced at first.

    ReplyDelete