Saturday, March 7, 2009

Banana Split Sunday Challenge

Today is the first Banana Split Sunday Weekly Challenge!
Each Sunday a new challenge will be posted on the 2 Red Bananas Blog. You will have a week to get your project (layout, card, altered item, etc.) uploaded using Mr. Linky. Each Sunday there will be a different type of challenge posted such as a sketch, inspiration, product use, etc. A few times each month, there will be a prize awarded to one of the random participants. It's going to be something fun each week, so join us!
This week's challenge was a sketch provided by Jami Bova. If you post your project to Split Coast Stamper or Paper Craft Planet, please use the keyword 2RBBSS01. For any other details and to post your image, visit the 2 Red Bananas blog.

For this challenge, I used the new Louie Too Stamp Set from 2 Red Bananas. I colored him with Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits. The tiny gold beads are ProvoCraft microbeads. These were really popular a few years back so I have several colors. When I saw the heaps of gold in his hands, I thought about those microbeads so I used them. I first used the Quickie glue pen, then sprinkled the beads on. After that, I applied some MonoAqua (clear, wet glue) and poured on more beads. This made his heaps of gold higher! The little stars around his gold was colored with the Sakura stardust pen. The flowers are all from Prima and the May Arts ribbon is from 2 Red Bananas. I pulled the papers from my scraps, so I'm not sure what brands they are.


Paper(s): Black Cardstock, white cardstock, unknown patterned paper
Stamp(s): 2 Red Bananas Louie Too
Other: May Arts ribbon, ProvoCraft microbeads, Prima flowers, brads, Sakura stardust pen

4 comments:

  1. What a fun card. Really like the blue with the green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun paisley print to pair with cute Louie! I love the microbead gold and the way you arranged the ribbon and flowers! Great interpretation of this fabulous sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on this one. I love the color scheme. I see you used Jami's ribbon tying technique...

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!!!! Love these colors together - I'd never think to use the blue with this image, but it is perfect!!! And those little gold beads are brilliant!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete