Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sneak Peek Day 4 featuring Snowman Love



It's the 4th day of Sneak Peeks of the new exclusive 2 Red Bananas stamps. They will all be available for purchase February 2nd online here. The store also carries a variety of papers, ribbons, embellishments, inks and more.

Today we are featuring the Snowman Love set which includes several pieces that allows you to make it "snow themed" or "love themed". I chose to use the love theme with the snowflakes that have hearts in the center of them and the "love" sentiment. This is the first time I've used my glue pad. I stamped the images with the glue pad and sprinkled glitter on it. Once they dried, I colored in parts of the images with a white pen and used a brown glaze pen on the stick arms. All the pieces were then cut and assembled with the top hat and the mittens being adhered with popdots. That cool ribbon is from May Arts and it's stock now at 2 Red Bananas here for only .40 a yard! The snowflakes on the base cardstock and "love" were stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed in white. The hearts in the center of the snowflakes were colored in using the Sakura Stardust pen.

If you are participating in the BLOG HOP, please visit the 2 Red Bananas Blog first to get full directions and be sure to visit the rest of the design team sites to see their creations. We still have 3 more sets to post so be sure to come back again tomorrow!

20 comments:

  1. I didn't know you used your glue pad to stamp the snowman, how clever you are, it turned out so cool! I too used the glue pad on one of my cards, but not as cleverly as you!! I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card!!! I love the dimension on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun!! Neat way to use the set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. That snowman looks great in red. I wouldn't have thougth to try another color. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. who knew a brown snowman could be so cute?!?!?! love him! love the card too!!

    **i see from the post above that the snowman is red - i guess my screen in funky today - but he's still darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool idea to use the glue pad and glitter on the snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is darling! I love the way you used the glue pad...I've been wanting one of those! Fun sparkly card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I {{HEART}} Snowman!!! I collect and adore these guys :) Your card is so cute! I love the colors and the layering affect! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maraya, I love the colors you used on this card and I especially like the ribbon trimmed in brown. This set is so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun to do it in red w/ the glittery trim! I love this new set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very clever and different. Love the snowman look and this set!! your ribbon matches your papers so well. Nice job!!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card. Love the image and the grea colors. That ribbon is gorgeous. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute! I feel like I keep repeating myself, but all your stuff is so good. I love that you used red paper for the snowman. I love that you used your glue pad and glitter (isn't the glue pad awesome?). I also love that you used the snowflake stamp to make the background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely color combo...and I love that you stamped the sentiment on the base...Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO cute and I am putting this ribbon on my order for sure! Can't wait til Feb 2!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the red snowman, he is just perfect for your DP that you used! This is just so creative!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  17. so sweet, I would have never thought to do it in red, you are so smart..that is a very cool card, I like it!!

    ReplyDelete